Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tootin' My Horn!!

So I just have to brag a little because I am really proud of myself today. This past summer I was looking at a picture of myself in a swimming suit and I thought "What the heck has happened here? This is just not good!" So I reluctantly found a scale and weighed myself and was shocked to see the pounds that I have put on over the years. I knew that something had to be done because we had the big Hawaii trip coming up. I made the goal then and there that I was going to lose 17 pounds, that would get me back to my High School weight. I'm a big believer in the one and only way to lose weight is through diet and exercise (no crazy fad diets for me) so I cut out all of the junk (well most of it) and started walking my butt off. I have an awesome neighbor who became my walking partner and she kept me going and made me really enjoy exercising because we had so much fun visiting every day while we walked. Well it's been 4 months and it is 6 days before the trip and at weigh-in today (there are a group of us at school that weigh in once a week) I was exactly my goal weight! I never thought that I would be able to do it because of my love for fried and sugary foods and the fact that I have no will power but I put my mind to it and just dove in. I can't believe how much better I feel both physically and mentally. I know that this is a dumb thing to say but If I Can Do It Anyone Can Do It.

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Congradulations!!!Have fun in Hawaii!!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Wahoo! Way to go!

Burbank Family said...

Congrats you look awesome when I saw you.

Jan McCarthy said...

Toot away, I think that is super. Good job...watch out Hawaii!

Porters said...

Way to go girl. I didn't quite make my goal of 25 pounds before our trip but I do have a few more days. I'm at 18 right now. I can't wait till we go.

Love Mama Jolene

This Idaho Girl said...

I totally agree that old fashioned diet and exercise is the answer. You should be proud. I'll be anxiously awaiting the sexy picture of you in a bikini. LOL.

Molly said...

Steph, Way to go!! I hope you don't mind if I try to steal some of your will power. You always look awesome. Have fun in Hawaii!!

lovedays said...

Steph that is so great you look great, but you always have. Hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii!