Friday, January 16, 2009

Exploring The Windy Island

We hsad a fun day exploring the island of Oahu today. There have been some pretty strong winds and a few showers but it still felt warm. The beaches on the North Shore were closed due to the winds. It was amazing to just sit and watch the massive wave

Chad found a new woman





Before we left, Lance told me that we needed to go to Motsimoto Shaved Ice. We found it on the North Shore and it was sooooo delicious. I don't know how they make them so much better than your average shaved ice but WOW was it yummy. Thanks Lance!

We found the famous Giovannis Shrimp Truck. Oh my was it ever delicious. Thanks to Christina for telling us about this. I think that I have a new "favorite food I've ever eaten"


The Shrimp Truck


Feeling the water



Loved this little light house






When we stopped here, we were looking out into the ocean and saw a bunch of whales out jumping and playing together. It was awesome.




This is really popular beach for snorkeling. We are not snorkeling until we get to Maui.




Lovin' it here





I Love Hibiscus
This is at the temple. We were not able to attend a session because the temple is closed for renevation and wont be open until next year. We alked around the grounds and went in the visitors center thiough. What a beautiful place.





This was inside the visitors center. I thought that it was so cute.



Beautiful

Maybe we'll bring Kort back a souvenior from this store. HaHa

3 comments:

Vicki said...

This is so cool you can blogg from your trip. It's ALMOST like I right there with you.

juliewesterberg said...

Okay, I am now both jealous and hungry. Love the shrimp and the shave ice in Haleiwa. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and eat some for me!

This Idaho Girl said...

Oh the shave ice! It is so amazing and the garlic shrimp. What I wouldn't give for a Hawaiian vacation right now. I hope you guys are lovin' every minute.