Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Snorkel Trip

Today we went out on a charter boat to do some snorkeling. The boat that we went on was The Quicksilver. What a fun boat! The crew was so great. We had only been out on the water for about ten minutes before we saw a whale. We sat and watched it for a bit before moving on. The weather was pretty rough out there today so we didn't get a lot of snorkeling in. We weren't able to go to the island of Molokini because of the high winds. We stopped at a bay for a while and I was able to have my first snorkeling experience. As you may or may not know I am scared to death of water so I was a little frightened but I knew that I would regret it if I didn't at least try, so I tried and once I got the hang of it, I loved it!! We got back on the boat and headed over to turtle town. I was really excited because it's suppose to be pretty good snorkeling. Unfotunately we were only out of the boat for about 20 minutes when the winds kicked up and we had to get back on. The rest of the trip was choppy but a lot of fun. We saw a nursery of Spinner Dolphins, 2 Humpback Whales, and a great big Sea Turtle. The crew also cooked us a really yummy BBQ lunch on the boat. What a fun time. I can't wait to go find some more great snorkel spots.






Yah we're whimps and opted for the wetsuits.







Jolene and I in our glamourous attire.



Brent and Jolene gearing up


Pretty fish

I had a very patient coach that I almost drowned as soon as we got in



I had a hard time getting my face in very far because I wouldn't go in without a life jacket and it held me up kinda high



There was a nursery of about 8 dolphins that we sat and watched. They weren't very active because they were sleeping.



Hello Mr. Sea Turtle

Tiger Woods' house on Maui



After our snorkel tour, we all headed to the beach. I think we all got a pretty good nap in. Then we went back to the condo and cut up a pineapple and ate it (sooooooo delicious). We watched the sunset and then cooked a really yummy meal out on the grill. Man I Love This Place!!

3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I am so jealous! I probably would've opted for the wet suits too. Even if the snorkel adventure was short-lived, at least you saw some cool sea animals.

Jan McCarthy said...

The beach right across the street from you is a nice beach with turtles...Napili Bay. Also, down the street, Kapalua
Bay is a good snorkeling spot.

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! Isn't snorkeling just amazing?! I just did that in Mexico & it was so much fun! There was one little scary part... swimming next to a ray!! Haha!