Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day







Today at school we had a special assembly to honor Veterans Day. We had bout 30 veterans from the community come and sit on the stage in the gym while the kids sang patriotic songs to them and read a few essays about some of the reasons that they are thankful for our Veterans and those who are currently serving in the Military. If you have never heard 600 kids sing God Bless the USA it's a pretty neat experience. Afterwards, the kids went out and lined the halls and cheered loudly as the veterans wlked down the middle. It made me think about how thankful I am for these great people who sacrifice their lives so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we do. I am also thankful to the families of these people who support their soldiers because they are making huge sacrifices as well. To anyone who has served, or is currently serving, or is at home raising kids alone while your spouse is serving a great big THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Steph, I bet that was awesome. Hudson had told me that they were learning that song, but I didn't know what for. What a great idea somebody had.

Joyce said...

I think that the Veteran's Day program is my favorite thing all year. It gives me a lump in the throat each year. Love your pictures.