Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hat Day Drama

At least Kaisley is excited about Hat Day Cute Girls !!!
We found something to nibble on !!
Kaisley enjoyed her hat day at Grandma Graces

Today is "Hat Day" in the 3rd grade of the Oakwood Elementary School. Let me just say that hat day should be a relatively easy thing to accomplish. NOT IN THE LEAST !! After a hurried search this morning we finally found Kambrees very favorite beanie. She puts it on and decided that she looks stupid, well we are already running late and we don't have time to look for anything else. Here come the water works. All the way to school she is bawling about how stupid the hat is (remember about 15 minutes prior it was her very favorite) We get to school and she is not going to get out of the van with it on. Well I think that she needs to wear the hat, it's a grade-wide activity and she needs to participate. I tell her I'll just leave her in the van. I go stand over by the school and watch her for about 5 minutes and she is not about to get out on her own, meanwhile I see all of these little third graders go by me with some of the dumbest hats that you have ever seen and they don't even care that they are wearing a dumb hat. Finally I'm just desperate to get us both inside so I go back to the van and just say "Fine don't even wear the hat" She came to me once just to show me that she still wasn't wearing the hat. Then I saw her at lunch and her friends were telling her that she should put it on, then I saw her once more as happy as a lark wearing the hat. UUUUUUGH !!!

5 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Silly girl...she could have been wearing the cheese hat! I could almost understand that. She looked cute. Glad that this time peer pressure was a good thing.

Joyce said...

Aren't third graders great? They are either so worried about something or don't care in the least little bit. There were quite the hats at school, huh? My class and Jamie's class are having hat day a day late because we FORGOT to tell our kids about it. So stay tuned for more silly hats.

Bear River Photographic Society said...

I hate to tell you this but it only gets worse but remember these days as good memories for they grow up way to fast.

Erin said...

Oh this is just the beginning. Wait until they are 13. I am often in trouble for who knows what. I think she looks adorable.

This Idaho Girl said...

I can't wait for the drama girls bring! (My mother would say it's payback).