Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Green!!!!

Before.... And After..................
Our landscaping is finally complete,and it looks fantastic, if I do say so myself. I can't even begin to count the hours that my hubby has spent on this project this summer. He has dug out trenches, installed sprinklers, stayed up all night getting sprinklers to work just right, spent days on the tractor, hauled rocks away in the Ranger, about broke his back getting big rocks to landscape with, hauled wheelbarrow loads of gravel, and planted trees and shrubs. He is such a hard worker and I love him so much for all that he does for us. I also can't forget to Thank our incredible neighbor, Mike. He has put in almost as many hours helping us as Chad has. I don't know what we would have ever done without all of his help and ideas.


Kaisley even helped out with the sprinklers


The day that we had waited for so long for.....GRASS!!!!!! We had about 30 people show up at 7 a.m on a Saturday morning to help us lay our sod. We had it done in an hour and a half. It was amazing to watch the transition from brown to green. We sure do have some great family and friends!!

Even Kort managed to roll out of bed.



Eli worked his little tail off.

Kambree helping Dad


Time to start on the front


Finishing up...

We had two neighbors bring doughnuts, snacks, and drinks.. We love our neighborhood!!!

I was so excited to have grass that I couldn't even sleep the night before. I felt like a kid at Christmas!!

My hardworking hubby seeing the fruits of his labor.

Chad and I laying the very last piece...YAY!!!!!!!!

I have to thank everyone that came and helped us lay the sod : Alex Mitchell, Boyd, Cindy, TJ Burbank, Mike and Lance Hollingsworth, Lynn and Margene Eskelson, Corey and Eli Waddoups, Chris and Jared Barton, Adam Mckenzie, Dave Bosen, My Dad and Mom, Dustin Burnett, Jeff Pope, Craig Loveday, Austin Brackin, and of course Kort, Kambree, and Kaisley. Thanks to the Cromwells and the Alders for the treats. You guys are the best!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Wow! Looks amazing! Sorry I wasn't able to be there to help. Looks like you had some great helpers and the job turned out wonderful.

Vicki said...

can belive how much cleaner it makes it look!

Erin said...

It looks great! Don't you love this neighborhood. I did!

Burbank Family said...

Looks great glad I saw a picture before I came out I might have drove past it.

Jan McCarthy said...

It really does look so very nice...now get on your mower. ha ha
So tell me again, when are we going to lunch? :)