Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ride For The Fallen

Chad and I went on our first group/charity ride the end of August and had a great time. This particular ride was called "the Ride for the Fallen" It was to honor those soldiers whom have paid the ultimate price for our country. All of the proceeds go towards scholarships in the names of these great soldiers. It's too bad that it takes an event like this to make us really think about how truly blessed we are to have the freedoms that we do. It's so easy just to go through life enjoying our freedom and not always being grateful for all the sacrifice that goes along with it. I was thankful for the opportunity to be able to reflect on that. What a great experience and a ton of fun!! TJ and Boyd before the ride began.

Jeff and Sheila getting ready to go

TJ in the lineup


This was as we were pulling out of Elk Ridge Park in Hyde Park. We didn't hear a final count but there were well over 300 bikes.


It was a gorgeous morning

We rode through Logan Canyon. Here's TJ coming down into St. Charles.


We stopped in St. Charles for a little ice cream break.



Biker Mama!!
Boyd and I just being cool,,,haha


We came back down through Strawberry and headed into Preston. We took a water break at Fackrell Park and then headed back towards Hyde Park.


Lovin to Ride!!



When we got back into Hyde Park we circled around the cemetery. There were American flags marking the graves of the Fallen Soldiers.


We then headed back to the park for a great dutch oven lunch, on our way we passed this home. This is the Allred family home. They lost their husband/dad a few years ago in the war. I am so thankful for all of the families that sacrifice so much in order to give me and my family so much. God bless this Great Country!!!!

4 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I never pictured you as a biker chick, but you look totally hot. My husband has been pestering me for a road bike for some time and I have not relented yet. It's kind of scary how much alike TJ and Boyd look. Looks like a cool experience.

Erin said...

Look at that hot chick on the bike!

Burbank Family said...

Awesome picture I was truly jealous watching you guys drive by on the bikes. Next year.

Vicki said...

That looks like a blast! I think I was outside when I heard all the bikes ride by and I was thinking man that was a lot of bikes. must have been you guys. What a cool experience.