Friday, April 10, 2009

Counting Our Blessings

Kambree gave us a bit of a scare this week but everything turned out fine and we are back into the swing of things. For the last few months she has had some pretty bad headaches. I've kind of just been shrugging them off because when we were in the Doctors office a few months ago for some dizziness that she was having, he checked her all out and told us that he thought she was showing early signs of migraines. Well on Tuesday her teacher called very concerned. Kambree had come to her and was telling her that one whole side of her body was numb and while she was telling her this her speech was badly slurred. She said that she almost thought that it was a joke because she was acting happy and fine otherwise. She got ahold of me,I had just put Kaisley down for a nap so my mom went to pick her up. By the time she got there she was just sobbing because the side of her head hurt so bad, I immediately called and got her into Dr. O'very ( who by the way is the greatest pediatrician ever). He checked her all out and said that he was still really thinking that it was a migraine but because it has been getting worse wanted to do a CT scan just to rule anything else out. They scheduled us for a CT scan the next day.
Wednesday afternoon we headed down to Logan Hospital for the scan. It was really fast and she held really still. They snapped a few pics and we were on our way,however is totally heart wrenching to see your baby getting a CT Scan) They told us the results probably wouldn't be available for 24 hours. We then headed over to Cold Stone to indulge in a huge waffle bowl of cookie batter ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough!! Well talk about a long couple of days. Of course you just think the worst as you are waiting for the results. It really does get you thinking though about what is truly important when one of your kids health is in jeopardy. Well Thursday morning the Doctors office called and said that everything came back fine Phewww!! It was such a relief. So she is diagnosed with having migraines. I keep thinking that she is just too young but I was only ten when my first one hit so she's only a few months behind. It is crappy to know that there is a good possibility that she will be dealing with these nasty headaches for a long time, but we can deal with it. We are just so blessed that it was nothing more serious.
As much as I hate trials, I can't believe how much they help you grow. You are able to see how much love is around you and how many people truly do care. They make you reevaluate your priorities, and most of all you grow so much closer to our Heavenly Father. He truly does listen to and answer every single prayer and I'm not sure where I would be without that knowledge. The peace in knowing that everything is going to be OK is priceless. Thanks to all of you were for your love, support and prayers!!

7 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I was thinking about you all day. So glad it's nothing too scary. Phew!

juliewesterberg said...

Isn't it interesting how your life can change in an instant. Migraines you can deal with. I'm thankful she is okay.

Vicki said...

Steph that would be so scary, WOW I'm glad she is ok now. You would think with all the technology they have, they would be able to cure a migraine?

Michelle W. Nate said...

I am so happy to hear that she is ok. Migraines are rough as you already know. My mom used to get them so bad that she actually grabbed her hair and pulled it out in chunks. She had two bald spots on the top of her hair for awhile. They finally did find some medicine for her to take. Shots and all other sorts of medicine never helped. They put her on some medicine for Parkinson's disease. She rarely gets them now. (she doesn't have parkinson's by the way) Crazy. I hope she does alright and what a relief to know that it isn't something much worse.

Joyce said...

Oh my. How scary. I didn't even know it was happening, so I'm glad they figured out what was wrong. I used to have migraines and hopefully they have some better meds for it than they used to. I'm sure you ARE counting your blessings.

Erin said...

Oh Steph, I am so glad to here that everything is ok. It is definitely scary to think of our kids being sick. I hope she is feeling better! Happy Easter

Burbank Family said...

I am so glad that everything went well sorry about the migraines but at least you can deal with them